Monday 12 January 2009

Recap #1

I am Syraw, a space man hunting down a mysterious cult I believe have the power and the inclination to destroy life as we know it. I wear a suit full of needles and I sometimes wear a mask too. Most of the time in fact, well - when I’m not in my spaceship the Dog’s Head. My crew consists of Tam (the pilot), Melody, Davvy (the ship’s doctor), Elizabeth, Lem (a thieving wretch), Billy and the ship’s computer. In my quarters I have a program featuring an assimilated friend called Dr Jonko, who also acts as my conscience when that part of my brain is fried.

Recently I went on an excursion to look for cultists but found a different kind of trouble, then I caught up with my crew and found yet more trouble, resulting in Billy’s death. Elizabeth, Billy’s wife, is about to get off the ship at the Ludenguard installation so she never has to see me again and I’m beginning to think this is a good idea. While we’re there we’re going to barter for much-needed fuel so we can get to the nearest mass-relay and catapult ourselves back into civilized space. Also, I’m sending Lem (currently in solitary for stealing rations) into the installation undercover; to pinch parts for the illegal energy weapon I hope to build with the aid of my Skyripper schematics. Things could be about to get hairy...

No comments:

Post a Comment