Wednesday 14 January 2009

Dog's Head Log #34560

MELODY
I spoke to Liz earlier. She’s still leaving.

SYRAW
I know. Believe me.

MELODY
Captain...it’s not my place to say but can’t you talk her out of it?

SYRAW
You’re right, it’s not your place to say. You heard me try.

MELODY
It takes time-

SYRAW
Which is exactly what we don’t have. We’ll be at the installation in a little over two hours.

DAVVY
There you are, Captain, I fixed the-

SYRAW
Not now. Please go away Davvy. I’m talking with Melody here. Private conversation.

DAVVY
Bye then.

MELODY
...so?

SYRAW
You still here? Conversation over. Go trade cosmetic advice with Tam.

MELODY
...

SYRAW
You’re right. That wasn’t fair. I’m sorry.

MELODY
You’re losing people thick and fast Captain. Think about it. When...if we get to Araypter, why it could be just you and the compu-

SYRAW
You have two choices. Get off at the shithole we’re gonna barter for fuel at in two hours time, or stick with us through this bad patch so in a week we can sit in a bar in Araypter and have a good laugh. Your choice.

MELODY
You’re right. My choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment