Thursday 1 January 2009

Dog's Head Log #34533 (Solitary)

LEM
Oo-oh lookie here. Good morrow I'm sure. It's so nice to see a friendly face. Have you ever heard of mutiny, Syraw? Liz was looking ticked off last I saw.

SYRAW
Have you ever heard of solitary, Lem?

LEM
I'm in here, aren't I?

SYRAW
For now. How do you feel about behaving?

LEM
Doesn't sound too palatable.

SYRAW
Well behaving in this case would involve picking up a weapon. We're a gun short since - well, you know.

LEM
Since you lead us into our last bit of danger and you got Billy-

SYRAW
Do you want out of here or not?

LEM
You want me to pick up a gun? where are we going?

SYRAW
A Ludenguard installation. Just over a day's travel from here.

LEM
And you predict there will be bullets fired?

SYRAW
Hopefully not. Precautionary measure. I need you to use your skills to go in unnoticed and fetch me a few things.

LEM
You want me to steal from the Ludenguard?

SYRAW
They over price things, it'd serve them right.

LEM
See this is what I love about you Syraw, your clear sense of right and wrong.

SYRAW
Are you in or not?

LEM
What do I get?

SYRAW
Your freedom. It looks awfully cramped...and dark, in here.

LEM
I expect a few decent meals and a couple of hundred creds, we'll call it three hundred for the mission and an extra... oh... hundred for insurance, just in case I need to use my weapon.

SYRAW
Fine. Deal?

LEM
Just show me what you need me to steal.

SYRAW
I'll get you the list to look over in a moment. As far as the others are concerned, you're still in solitary when we get there. It'll be easier that way.

LEM
Oh you are a dark horse. It'll cost you extra if I'm to be stealthy around here as well.

SYRAW
All right, how much...?

No comments:

Post a Comment